Using positive affirmations is programming the subconscious mind
Positive affirmations are one of the most successful techniques in controlling negative thoughts and controlling negative critical voices. Positive affirmations are also the cornerstone of NLP and subconscious programming. The messages we send to the subconscious work perfectly regardless of whether they are negative or positive messages.
The use of positive affirmations makes it an effective behavior to select appropriate messages that should reach the subconscious and stimulate a positive pattern of thoughts.
Define positive affirmations
What are positive affirmations? Positive affirmations are a group of phrases and sentences that are formulated positively and repeated with the aim of challenging negative thoughts and rearranging the way of thinking and self-discourse with the aim of creating positive change in the way of thinking and attitude.
Positive affirmations are the antithesis of negative expressions we usually use when thinking about a topic. When you are assigned to give a presentation to co-workers, you appear to have thoughts of self-criticism, “I will not be good … I hope no one will laugh at me! If they boycott me I will withdraw” while the positive affirmations work.
In contrast to these thoughts into positive thoughts that push you towards more interest in preparing yourself for the presentation, and also help you deal with difficult situations that you may go through while facing the audience because your subconscious mind is ready to achieve a distinctive experience.
Positive affirmations also work to enhance the bright aspects of the self, which helps in enhancing self-confidence and controlling thoughts.
How to work positive affirmations in programming the subconscious
Positive affirmations are likened to exercises that we do to strengthen muscles and improve the health of the body. Although positive affirmations seem rhetorical and unrealistic, repeating and believing in them changes the way of thinking itself, and helps people avoid the negative inner voice, and get positive feedback messages.
It can be said that positive affirmations help to change the pattern of thinking through the echo of these and new ideas and perceptions of the self that positive affirmations create.
Positive affirmations also play an important role in maintaining motivation and motivation when setting goals and working to achieve them.
However, positive affirmations cannot be viewed as a magic spell capable of dramatically changing the fate of individuals! Rather, it is considered a part of self-motivation that aims to eliminate negative internal criticism and accusations of impotence and weakness that we drive to ourselves, so it is believed that positive affirmations need a reasonable amount of self-respect, and may work badly and negatively with people who suffer from severe low self-esteem, because of the conflict that Positive affirmations create it in these people.
Conditions for successful positive affirmations
Positive affirmations are a trend, not a goal: You should not treat positive affirmations as a way to achieve a difficult goal the easy way! Affirmations reinforce an intellectual trend and do not provide anything material to achieve goals, for example, if you are seeking to increase your monthly income.
Positive affirmations will help you to increase the boldness in undertaking a new experience at work or acquiring a new skill that you were afraid to learn, and positive affirmations may help you make a career change decision because you are convinced.
You are worthy of being elsewhere and motivated to pursue yourself in another profession, so positive affirmations support the direction and are not a means to achieving the goal effortlessly.
It should be verifiable: When you hear about positive affirmations from the charlatan of human development, you will think you are in front of Aladdin’s magic lantern! But the truth is that assurances will not work without your belief in them, and of course, you will not believe assurances or believe in them unless they are realistic and achievable. Rather, unrealistic and implausible assertions lead you towards failure in most cases.
You don’t expect affirmations to work if you start by reciting a bunch of positive affirmations to triple your monthly income in one month, but they will work well if your goal is to increase productivity by 20%.
Do not tolerate negation or confusion: Belief is an essential component of positive affirmations, and being confused and unsure weakens positive affirmations considerably. Of course, there will be a battle between positive affirmations and negative thoughts, but repeated and carefully worded positive affirmations guarantee their victory over negative thinking.
It should relate to an existing belief: An important point is that positive affirmations are weak by creating a new trend or perception out of nowhere, but they are ideal for developing a pre-existing belief or perception, so positive affirmations are not good for those who suffer from distorted self-image and drastically low self-esteem, but they are good.
It is effective for those who suffer from hesitation or shyness with natural limits, as well as for those who fear new experiences despite their competence and merit and are controlled by negative thinking.
Combined with Positive Thinking Styles: Positive affirmations work with a range of positive thinking styles such as visualization and visualization, visual affirmations, relaxation and meditation, and subconscious reprogramming techniques.
Linked to the feelings card and repetition: Emotion is the key to the subconscious mind, ideas that create a negative emotion stimulate the subconscious to reinforce the negative pattern, and on the contrary, thoughts that carry positive emotion, and the link between the idea and emotion is the belief in the idea, and repetition and commitment to positive affirmations are conditions The task is to be successfully completed.
Positive affirmations should be subjective: Your subconscious mind does not listen to you when positive affirmations revolve around others. The primary goal of positive affirmations is to improve your self-image in front of yourself and enhance your self-confidence and ability to achieve the goal.
How do I write positive affirmations?
- Identify the disturbing thought you want to get rid of or the perception you want to modify, and write down the appropriate affirmations for each thought or emotion separately.
- Start with the word I or a pronoun that belongs to you. Positive affirmations revolve around you in the first place, and using this pronoun at the beginning of the affirmation sentence is an important verbal key to a positive affirmation.
- Write it in the present tense as if it were happening here and now. Do not use the past or the future. Positive presentational affirmations will help you visualize and visualize to reinforce the idea.
- Write what you want, not what you don’t, and don’t use the negative to write positive affirmations.
- Positive affirmations should be brief. Do not write over positive affirmations and keep them short and expressive.
- Try to make positive affirmations as specific as possible, if you want to eliminate fear when confronting an audience, for example; The assertion should be specific and clear, “I am happy and grateful to now get on the stage and see this audience.”
- Affirmations that include more powerful emotions and feelings, such as I’m happy, I’m Grateful.
- Convert the negative thoughts that are bothering you into positive affirmations.
- Write positive affirmations in a place you see frequently and in a distinctive and striking way, also use pictures.
Examples of positive affirmations
Always rely on yourself to write your own positive affirmations, and we will mention some examples of positive affirmations in different situations, and remember that these affirmations help to achieve a specific goal by correcting the thinking pattern and is not a stand-alone means to achieve the goal.
Positive affirmations to get rid of shyness and hesitation
- I am happy that I can now speak fluently and frankly with others.
- I make good decisions every time and this makes me confident in my decisions.
- Every day is a new opportunity for confrontation and challenge, and I am convinced of the way I face the challenges.
- Whatever happens now ultimately works in my favor.
Examples of positive affirmations to quit smoking
- I am grateful for having inhaled the air with two clean lungs.
- I’m glad I now have some extra cash after quitting smoking.
- My body now feels toxin-free and happy about it.
- Today I quit my bad habits and build good, healthy ones.
Positive affirmations of losing weight
- I can now feel my light body.
- I feel my body thanks me for taking care of it, my body is grateful for losing more weight.
Positive affirmations to reinforce the good feelings.
- I am happy to have smaller size clothes.
- Every day and in every way, I am becoming better and better.
- I am able to prove myself in this world and make a difference.
- Today and every day I am full of energy and happiness.
- I am grateful for the talents that God has given me and discovered every day.
- I have a lot of qualities to be successful now.
Among the positive affirmations of celebrities and their sayings about positivity
“I’m young, strong, successful, and generating at least $ 100,000 a month,” Suze Orman, a financial consultant and entrepreneur, used to repeat this affirmation 25 times every day!
“The greatest, I said it before I knew that I was the greatest” Muhammad Ali, an American boxer.
“Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent!” Eleanor Roosevelt is an American politician.
“If you dream, you can do,” Disney owner Walt Disney.
“Turn your wounds into wisdom,” Oprah Winfrey is an American presenter.